The strength of any organization is rooted in respecting the past, committing to present ambitions, while planning for the future.
The CCCSB team's goals for 2023 and beyond are:
1. Continuing to build a diverse support coalition committed in advancing all of CCCSB's agendas.
2. Strengthening individual, community, political and corporate awareness in the importance of supporting efforts to strengthen South Brevard communities.
3. Continuing to build alliances to strengthen our youth, elder, and socio-economic challenged groups.
4. By 2025, realize the installation of a tribute monument of the three founders of the City of Crane Creek, now known as the City of Melbourne. (More information can be found under the 'Founders Monument' tab).
1. Representation in the Community
2. Promoting Voter Activism
3. Education: Promote the goals and objectives of Brevard County School Board especially in underserved communities.
4. Continue active campaign to Revitalize the Old Melbourne Business District.
Attract Volunteers and friends of CCCSB.
Education: We provide each student with a formula on “What it Takes to Win”: Work hard, Study Hard, Respect your teachers and parents, Select the right crowd. This formula is shared at every session with the students. We are beginning to see educational gains in math and reading at University Park and Stone Magnet Middle Schools
Political: In collaboration with the NAACP South Brevard, we sponsor a political forum to ensure the residents of South Melbourne are abreast of issues.
Environmental: CCCSB has maintained a visual at Heritage Park at Crane Creek upon be granted a Brownfield Initiative by the City of Melbourne. Our concerns lead to Carrfour Supportive Housing mitigate contaminated soil found on the site.
Revitalization: The South Melbourne Old Business District is being studied as how best to best revitalize the district. The Melbourne Founders Museum currently under construction will a site for all citizens to visit. Therefore CCCSB has embarked upon cleaning up the District for the expected tourist visitation.
Police & Community Relationship: The CCCSB continues to partner in relationship with law enforcement agencies throughout Brevard, developing strategies to change the landscape of communication and improvement within the County’s borders.
Honor Leaders: Acknowledging those citizens who have exceed expectation in the betterment of Melbourne.